𝗪𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝗖𝗼𝗱 & 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝗦𝗲𝗮 𝗕𝗮𝘀𝘀 𝗧𝗮𝗰𝗼𝘀
The NY Strip Steak of Seafood Tacos
Why this Mix? Because wild cod is nearly pure protein and Chilean sea bass has quite a bit of fat Mixed together they have the 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗶𝗻/𝗳𝗮𝘁 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗡𝗬 𝗦𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗽 𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗸.
At 30g protein per taco and about 400 calories each, these tacos are amazing no matter if you're trying to build muscle or lose fat.
𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗲'𝘀 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺 𝗶𝗻 < 𝟮𝟬 𝗺𝗶𝗻𝘂𝘁𝗲𝘀:
1) Buy your Chilean sea bass and wild cod from Costco (or elsewhere if you don’t mind paying more)
2) Place the wet fish on paper towels to dehydrate it. Lightly coat all sides of each piece with salt, pepper and garlic powder
3) Add 1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil to a small pan with a medium high flame and cook all sides to golden brown
4) While fish cooks, add 1 tbsp of bacon grease or olive oil to a second pan on high heat and spread it around. Drop a raw tortilla in the pan (we prefer Siete brand) and quickly soak one side of the tortilla before flipping. Let cook for about 60-90 seconds until bubbles emerge, then flip to finish cooking the original downside before removing
5) When all sides are golden brown, remove fish and let it sit for several minutes while the center continues to cook under its own heat
6) Slice jalapeños while fish rests
7) Cut up fish, add to tortillas alongside sliced jalapeños and Trader Joe's Crunchy Chili Onion Oil if you're feeling fancy!